GAB Robins has a wealth of experience in Business Interruption
claims across a full range of commercial and industrial risks both
in te UK and overseas.
Measurement of a Business Interruption Loss is frequently complicated and often the most contentious part of a major claim. In GAB Robins we have a market leading Major Loss Business Interruption specialists and they are strategically located to ensure a prompt and efficient service.
We are fully conversant with the financial impact major losses create and recognise how the professional handling of business interruption claims is essential to the recovery of the Business. In addition, the BI aspects often represent a more significant part of the overall claim cost.
Our team of Specialists are very experienced in such claims and through their knowledge assist the policyholder to identify methods, through which the loss for the business can be mitigated, using both economic increased cost expenditure and, if available Additional Increase in Cost of Working cover, perhaps by alternative premises, purchases from other manufacturers or out-sourcing some activities. Buying a competitor business is not unknown.
Our specialist Business Interruption team will assess and measure the actual loss sustained and establish the extent of policy liability. We do this through:
- A thorough review of the policyholders operational and financial records
- Conducting detailed and technical discussions with key personnel, suppliers and customers as necessary
- Comparison of anticipated performance with actual performance during the period of interruption
- Consideration of unrelated events and trends which may impact actual sales during the period of recovery
- Analysis of industry and trade data to establish to what external trends may require to be taken into consideration or may have impacted on the Insured business.